Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011

Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011
These were taken at Loch Na keal - Isle of Mull 2011. THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS JUST COME 2nd IN THE NATURE PRINTS SECTION OF THE LANCASHIRE AND CHESHIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC UNION ANNUAL COMPETITION

Tuesday 30 March 2010

Saturday 27th March - Connahs Quay Nature Reserve

I have recently become a member of the Deeside Naturalist Society. This was a good move as the nature reserve is superb, right up close to the estuary.There are 5 hides, all of which are of superb quality with great views out over the estuary.There is also a visitors studies centre. A key is required to enter the site and you must sign in and out. The tide was coming in on my arrival and boy does it come in fast. I went in the west hide first to check it out and it is superb,I could just about fit my 100-400mm Canon lens through the hide window, so photographing things in flight was quite difficult, if it was right in front of you, you were okay.
I then went on the the other 3 hides towards the E-on plant. There were six Little Egrets in the distance, so I waited there for 2 hours to see if they wanted to venture over towards the hide I was sat in, and my luck was in , they did.

A series of Little Egrets - All taken with a Canon 100-400mm lens and a 2x Converter using manual focus, all at the 800mm end.





















1 comment:

  1. You have some great shots on your website and blog. I was originally from Stockport and remember well watching the kingfishers along the river Goyt on my daily walks.

    I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete