Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011

Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011
These were taken at Loch Na keal - Isle of Mull 2011. THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS JUST COME 2nd IN THE NATURE PRINTS SECTION OF THE LANCASHIRE AND CHESHIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC UNION ANNUAL COMPETITION

Monday 15 March 2010

Sunday 14th March - Flint - Dee Estuary

Sunday was a day I decided to go on the other side of the Estuary, to Flint in this case.I wanted to see what could be seen and photographed from Flint Castle, as I have read about quite a few bird sighting reports from there. I walked along the Estuary to the end of the path, past the rugby pitch on the right, when there was this Little Egret in the field quite close. After 10 minutes or so, it decided to fly off over the marsh, most probably to get away from me and my camera.

Little Egret







I stayed there for a couple of hours, but there was nothing up real close to photograph again, as they were all way out in the distance. Great with the scope not the camera.

I managed to get a Red Shank flying some distance away.

Red Shank



I didn't manage to take many photographs in the couple of hours I was there, as I was really there to visit my better half's parents who live in Ffynnongroew.

I scanned the other side of the estuary with my camera and noticed Burton, so took a pic of it from Flint Castle.You can clearly see the field where the Short Eared Owl quarters, but not the Owl, my lens ain't big enough.I don't know what the white flock of birds are in the other image.





ta ra until next time.

Cheers Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment