Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011

Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011
These were taken at Loch Na keal - Isle of Mull 2011. THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS JUST COME 2nd IN THE NATURE PRINTS SECTION OF THE LANCASHIRE AND CHESHIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC UNION ANNUAL COMPETITION

Thursday 11 March 2010

4th March - Burton - Dee Estuary

I had to return to Burton and Parkgate on the Dee Estuary, as I was very impressed with all the birds there. This being my second visit, I had now heard of all the different places to go and different birds to look out for. Thanks to people who I had met on my previous visit, they day of the high tide. I was told of a short eared owl that quarters the field at Burton, this is where I stayed from 3.00pm to 6.00pm, not without success. These are just a few of the Shorty I got that afternoon. This owl decided to show it's self at approx 5.30pm, which left me with 20 minutes before the sun disappeared over the welsh hills behind me.

Short Eared Owl



Short Eared Owl



Short Eared Owl



Short Eared Owl



Short Eared Owl



Now we are talking. I was chuffed to get these images, I took about 40 in all. 21 of which are on my website www.alansaunders-wildlifephotography.co.uk

This is one place I will be coming back to more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment