Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011

Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011
These were taken at Loch Na keal - Isle of Mull 2011. THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS JUST COME 2nd IN THE NATURE PRINTS SECTION OF THE LANCASHIRE AND CHESHIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC UNION ANNUAL COMPETITION

Thursday 11 March 2010

6th March - Moore Nature Reserve

I have been to Moore nature reserve a few times now and have yet to see the elusive Bittern. Though every time I go, someone has either just seen it, or it was seen yesterday, but never when I am there. When I arrived, there was this photographer already there with his 500mm lens poised at the reed beds looking very cold I must say. He left after about 5 minutes of me arriving (must of been something I said)and said that I will need a lot of luck to see the bittern today, just as he was leaving.Thanks very much I said, see you again. Subsequently, I found out when I got home, after scanning the Internet, it was Steve Seal, The very guy who has 2 photographs either side of my Short Eared Owl on the homepage of the Dee Estuary website. www.deeestuary.co.uk. I never did see the Bittern, but did see a Mute Swan nearly fly into the hide I was in, see below.

Mute Swan



This little Robin appeared in front of the hide, on the grass feeding on some sun flower seeds I had just thrown out.

Robin



Robin

It then flew into the bushes on the right of the Bittern Hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment