Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011

Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011
These were taken at Loch Na keal - Isle of Mull 2011. THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS JUST COME 2nd IN THE NATURE PRINTS SECTION OF THE LANCASHIRE AND CHESHIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC UNION ANNUAL COMPETITION

Monday 5 April 2010

Saturday 3rd April - Poynton Pool

The weather was awful on Saturday, so I decided to go local and see if the weather would improve, it did slightly, ever so slightly.I arrived at Poynton Pool in Cheshire at approx 11.13am and 42 seconds, give or take a few seconds. It was very windy and the wind seemed to know which way my lens was facing and blew right down it making it very unsteady. There wasn't that much at the Pool to write home about. There were six juvenile Mute Swans, 10 Canada Geese, Moorhens, Coot, Great Crested Grebe, Male and female Mallard, Cormorant, x2 Tufted Duck, Heron and the usual Black Headed Gulls. I seemed to concentrate on the Mute Swans for some reason, perhaps they were the only ones that didn't fly or swim off when I aimed my camera at them. The Mallard and Canada Geese stayed quite close as well actually.

Later that afternoon, about 1.30pm, I set off to Burton on the Wirral again, just to see if the Barn or Short eared owl would show up. I stayed there for 5 hours waiting near the field I saw them in last time, but they didn't show this time, may be next time.

Back home for a curry now.

A Pheasant in flight, scared off by a dog running loose in the field at Burton



Below are a series of images that I took at Poynton Pool, they are not the most technical of shots , but it shows you a record of what was there in the 2 hours that I was there.



























No comments:

Post a Comment