Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011

Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011
These were taken at Loch Na keal - Isle of Mull 2011. THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS JUST COME 2nd IN THE NATURE PRINTS SECTION OF THE LANCASHIRE AND CHESHIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC UNION ANNUAL COMPETITION

Thursday 11 March 2010

7th March - Back at Burton - Dee Estuary

Well, I can't stay away from this place, I am hooked, and it's only a 50 minute drive away, which makes a change from the two and a half hour journey's I am used to doing at six in the morning.

I was hoping to capture the short eared owl again, but to no avail, no show where I was at Burton. Though I did find out later that 3 were seen near decca pools.Bring on next Saturday.

I managed to get some shots of a Long Tailed Tit and a Kestrel.

Long Tailed Tit



Long Tailed Tit



Long Tailed Tit



Kestrel



Kestrel



A Buzzard flew over head shortly after.

Common Buzzard



Well, its back to work tomorrow, roll on next Saturday (13th March) where I hope to capture some Barn and Short eared Owls near Decca Pool.

Oh, I forgot about the Garganey.

Garganey sleeping

It's the one dead centre of shot with the distinctive white stripe on the head. This is Britains only migrating duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment