Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011

Otter Cubs - Isle of Mull 2011
These were taken at Loch Na keal - Isle of Mull 2011. THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS JUST COME 2nd IN THE NATURE PRINTS SECTION OF THE LANCASHIRE AND CHESHIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC UNION ANNUAL COMPETITION

Monday 12 July 2010

Scotland at Fort George 6th June 2010.

Here are a series of Oystercatchers I took during my visit to Fort George, Scotland. I know it was a Fort and these are birds, but I couldn't help myself. If there are birds about you will find me there. They were taken looking over one of the walls, while I was looking for Dolphins and captured looking through quite long grass. This enabled me to get the grass thrown out by picking the middle auto focus point on the bird, no other focus points were used. This made the grass close up, next to and behind the bird out of focus creating this, what I think is a great effect.













I tried the same thing here with these two Gulls, but not quite as good.





Here are some shots of Dolphins that I managed to get looking over the wall




Quite how this Dolphin did this with it's tail, I do not know.



No comments:

Post a Comment